The Fleetmatics Work Admin has a powerful feature called Custom Reports.
Custom Reports allow you to create custom reports drawing from the data in your Fleetmatics account.
This tutorial will explain how to create a Custom Report in your account.
Locating the reports
From the Main Menu, choose:
Reports and from My Custom Reports select Create New.
Initially, there will be no links to documents under My Custom Reports; this is where your newly created reports will be saved.
The Layout of Custom Reports
In the new report window you can:
- Name your new report
- Choose a Category (Jobs, Clients, Inventory, Quotes) to report on
- Add the Fields to your report.
Fields are basically the column headings in your report.
- Add any filters to filter the results
eg. Filter the report by a date range
- Add any Sorting level
eg. Sort results by Job# Descending
- The 'Delete', 'Save' and 'Generate Report' buttons
- Export the report to PDF, Xls, Slsx and Csv formats
Above you can see a preview of the field list.
- You can choose your report column headings from this list
- Also the report filters can be set from this list.
Example : Revenue Per Month Report - Setup
Above we have created a new report template for 'Revenue Per Month'
- Shows the Fields we have included in the report. We have chosen to 'Group By' the Client Name
- Added Filter for Date Range. Note we are setting a filter for a range, hence the same field 'Start Date Time' is used twice with separate Start & Finish Date.
- Added a Filter for 'Invoiced'. Means we only want in results the jobs which have been invoiced and exclude any in progress, non dispatched jobs etc.
- Once your template is setup, click 'Save' and then Generate Report
- Also note that each time you make any changes to the Filter, click the arrow button to save the new filter value, then save & generate the report as in step 4.
Example : Revenue Per Month Report - Output
Export to PDF / Excel Formats
To export the report:
- Choose the output format, PDF / Excel
- Hit the Save icon to export it to your computer