Step 1 : Download the Item Import Template
Download the Import Items Template file in Excel format to your computer.
Step 2 : Populate the template with your Item list
Open the downloaded template file and populate it with your item list.
Couple of pointers:
- Do not modify the Column Headings
- The columns with a * are mandatory. Example: 'Price', 'Item Name'
- The template shows the restrictions for each column. For example the maximum characters allowed in a field and if it is mandatory or not.
We will upload 2 sample records in this example (marked in blue. Before uploading we will delete the rows 2-4 of sample template data)
Step 3 : Choose the File & Import
Once your item template is populated you are ready to import into the system.
To do this:
- Choose the item list template from your computer and hit 'Upload'
- The field list mapping is displayed as above. If you have not made any changes to the template file then both the Left & Right column headings will match.
- Hit 'Import'
Step 4 : Set the data mapping
If the import tool encountered any issues with your template file, it will show an error as above
Above you can see 2 errors are detected. You can download the file which contains the error details to correct them.. See below.