This tutorial will show how to import your Client Site List into Fleetmatics Work
Step 1: Download the 'Client Sites Upload Template'
Download the Import Clients Template file in Excel format to your computer.
Step 2: Populate the Site upload Template
Open the downloaded template file and populate it with your client list.
Couple of pointers:
- Please use either of 'Client Code' or 'Client Name' in the first 2 columns. This is the code/name of the parent client under which you wish to upload Sites.
- The template shows the restrictions for each column. For example the maximum characters allowed in a field and if it is mandatory or not.
- The columns with a * are mandatory. Example: 'Company Name', 'State' & 'Country'
- Sample Site records we will upload for this example. You can see in the first row we have used the Client Code 1010 & in the 2nd site row we have used the parent client name.
* Do not modify the column headings
Step 3: Choose the File & Upload
Choose the Sites file and upload to our server
Upon successful upload you get a message as below
Step 4: Set Field Mapping
Next you set the field mapping and Import.
To do this:
- The field list mapping is displayed as above. If you have not made any changes to the template file then both the Left & Right column headings will match.
- Hit 'Import'
If all goes well with the edited error file you are given a import Successful message!
Possible Errors while Uploading
Occasionally you may notice that the upload fails are you are prompted with the error message.
Typically this happens for the below reasons:
- Parent Client Name does not exist
- Mandatory Columns left blank
To resolve this please ensure:
- The parent client already exists in the system. At times it might by just a spelling error in the client name populated in your template vs. the live Client in your account.
- Ensure all mandatory fields (marked with *) are filled.