This tutorial will show how to import your Client Site List into Work.
Step 1: Download the 'Client Sites Upload Template'
Download the Import Clients Template file in Excel format to your computer.
Step 2: Populate the Site upload Template
Open the downloaded template file and populate it with your client list.
A couple of pointers:
- Please use either of 'Client Code' or 'Client Name' in the first 2 columns. This is the code/name of the parent client under which you wish to upload Sites.
- The template shows the restrictions for each column. For example, the maximum characters allowed in a field and if it is mandatory or not.
- The columns with a * are mandatory. Example: 'Company Name', 'State' & 'Country'
- Sample Site records we will upload for this example. You can see in the first row we have used the Client Code 1010 & in the 2nd site row, we have used the parent client name.
* Do not modify the column headings
Step 3: Choose the File & Upload
Choose the Sites file and upload to our server
Upon successful upload, you get a message as below
Step 4: Set Field Mapping
Next, you set the field mapping and Import.
To do this:
- The field list mapping is displayed as above. If you have not made any changes to the template file then both the Left & Right column headings will match.
- Hit 'Import'
If all goes well with the edited error file you are given an import Successful message!
Possible Errors while Uploading
Occasionally you may notice that the upload fails are you are prompted with the error message.
Typically this happens for the below reasons:
- Parent Client Name does not exist
- Mandatory Columns left blank
To resolve this please ensure:
- The parent client already exists in the system. At times it might be just a spelling error in the client name populated in your template vs. the live Client in your account.
- Ensure all mandatory fields (marked with *) are filled.