What is a Crew?
Crews allow Admins to group Fieldworkers who regularly work together (ie: landscaping crew). Creating Crews enables Crew Leaders to Clock In & Out Fieldworkers who do not have access to the Mobile App. In addition, it allows an Admin to easily see the Crew names with the Crew Leader in Scheduler.
Before creating Crews, it is important to understand the following:
- You can create as many different Crews as you need
- A Crew can have only one Crew Leader, and at least one Crew Member. But it is also possible to create a Crew with no Leader or Members
- A Crew Leader can be an existing Fieldworkers or can be created as a new Fieldworker. NOTE: New Crew Leaders created will be charged for a new Fieldworker license. Crew members will not.
- Existing Fieldworkers can be downgraded to a Crew Member, but ONLY if there is no history of any jobs assigned to the Fieldworker
- Only the Crew Leader will have (login credentials) to the Mobile App and will have the ability to Clock In / Clock Out all Crew members in his or her Crew
Designating Crew Roles
Each Crew requires a designated Crew Leader who can clock the Crew Members in and out using the Mobile App on their iPhone or Android device. You can designate the Crew Leader and Crew Member roles under Settings> Team Settings> Users
Pick the Fieldworker you would like to be the Crew Leader by Selecting View.
From the Fieldworker profile, you will see a list of available User Types.
- Crew Leader: a licensed Fieldworker who has the additional permission in the Fieldworker mobile app to clock in and clock out the Crew Members on his or her Crew
- Crew Member: not a licensed WORK user and does not have access to the Fieldworker mobile app (note: no login or password can be set for a Crew Member for this reason).
Please Note: If a Fieldworker is downgraded to a Crew Member, his/her username and passwords are automatically disabled. This can only be done if no Jobs have been assigned to the Fieldworker.
Once you have chosen the roles for your Users, simply save the changes you have made.
Please Note: When creating a new Crew Member you will not be charged for a Fieldworker license. When creating a new Crew Leader you will be charged for another mobile license, just like a standard Fieldworker.
Crews are set up in Settings> Team Settings> Crews
Select the Add Crew
Enter a Crew Name (mandatory) and a Description (optional), select a Crew Leader and then select Add.
Next, go to the Members tab and choose who should belong in the Crew. Only users designated as “Crew Member” will be listed here.
To remove a Crew Member from a Crew, simply uncheck the box by the Crew Member’s name.
Please note: Crew Leaders and Crew Members can only be associated with one Crew at a time
Dispatching to Crews
Jobs are dispatched to the Crew Leader, and not to the individual Crew Members. This means that if you un-assign a Crew Leader from his current Crew, the history of all previously assigned Jobs will stay with the Crew Leader and not the Crew.
From Jobs, Admins can assign and dispatch a new Job directly to the Crew Leader. The Crew Leader’s name will appear in your Fieldworker selection, along with the name of the Crew he is in charge of. Assign and dispatch a job the same way you would assign to an individual Fieldworker.
From Scheduler, you can create and dispatch a new Job to the Crew Leader the same way that you would dispatch to an individual Fieldworker.
On the Work Classic app, Crew Leaders have the ability to Clock In & Out Crew Members. This can be done either of 2 ways:
- Clock In/Out all Crew Members at one time:
2. Clock In/Out individual Crew Members at different times. The Mobile App will indicate how many Crew Members are clocked in or out.
Adding or Removing Crew Members on the Mobile App
Crew Leaders can Remove or Add Crew members on the Mobile App. This allows them to address any changes in the Crew Members’ schedules without having to go through the Admin.
- From the Home page of the Mobile App, go to Clock In or Out
- Tap Edit Crew
- To remove a Crew Member, tap on the Remove To add a Crew Member, tap on the + sign in the upper right-hand corner of the screen