You can find all of your Client information in your Client Record. This includes the Client’s Job and Quote history, as well as the Client’s Contact info and general information.
Locating the Client Record
To start, click Clients at the top of your page.
This will bring you to your Client list.
Locate the Client that you would like to review and click on their name. If you would like to search your list for a specific client you can do that by typing their name into the search bar above the client list.
This will bring you into the Client Record.
At the top of the page you will see the Client Code and Client Name.
In the Client Record there are 13 tabs with various client information.
- Details is where you will find all of your client’s basic details. On this page will be their contact information, billing address (This may or may not be where the work is done for this client. G. if you have a residential client you may be doing the work in the same location you bill the customer, while a commercial client may have a billing address that differs from the location where the work was completed.), accounting information like balance and Account Type, and information about their industry and the type of customer they are. This is usually the information that you entered when you created the client.
- Contacts is where you will find a list of Contacts for the Client. These are additional contacts outside of the main contact info you entered into the Details page. These are often secondary contacts or site specific contacts. To learn more about to how manage and create contacts please click here.
- Documents is where you can add documents to a client. These can be customer contracts or images you have captured of work you have done. These documents are separate from those you have added to jobs for the Client. To learn more about how to add documents to a Client see below.
- Quotes is a list of any Quotes you have created for this Client. If you would like to create a Quote for the Client it can be done from this page by clicking the Add Quote option. To learn more about how to add a Quote please click here.
- Sites is a list of all of the sites you have created for this client. A site is any location that you may do work at that is separate from the billing location listed on the Details tab.
- Equipment is a list of any Equipment that you have associated with this client. These are things that you have left with the client that require regular maintenance or that the client may be renting for a time. To learn more about how to Create and manage equipment please click here.
- Customer Portal is where you can upload a Logo for the client to see other than your company logo in the customer portal. It is also where you can select what Fieldworkers you would like your client to see in the Customer Portal. To learn more about how to upload a logo and select Fieldworkers please see below.
- Custom Fields is where you are going to find any of your Client Custom Fields.
- Call History is where you can keep track of communication between your clients and members of your company. To learn more about how to add a Call please see below.
- Job History is where you can see every job you have created for a client. You can create a new job for this Client by clicking the Add Job option. To learn more about how to add a job please click here.
- Accounts is where you can review invoices and accounting information for jobs you have invoiced for this Client. To learn more about the accounts tab please see below.
- Audit is where you can that were made to the Client and which of your Users made the change.
- Email History is where you can see any emails that you have sent to the client about and from the various jobs you have done for them. This can include your Job Card and Invoices and the emails that are sent when you create and dispatch a job to the client.
To add a document to a client go to the Documents tab in the Client Record.
Click Choose File in the upper right hand corner.
This will bring up your computers File manager. You can only pull documents from your computer for Clients and cannot pull from a Dropbox like with Jobs.
Select your file and then click Add Document to add the document to the Client record. *Keep in mind that these documents cannot be assigned to jobs and documents from jobs will not appear on this list.
Adding a Client Logo for the Customer Portal
To edit the Client’s specific Logo for the Customer Portal go to the Customer Portal tab in the Client Record.
To add a Client Logo click Choose File.
This will bring up your computer’s File manager. You can only pull files from your computer for the logo.
Select your file and then click the orange Upload Logo.
One uploaded the logo will appear next to the Unloaded Logo heading.
If you would like to remove the logo click Delete Logo.
Your Client should now see the Logo in the upper left of the customer portal. If you have not uploaded a logo they will see your company logo in this location.
Selecting the Fieldworkers Seen in the Customer Portal
To edit the Fieldworkers that your customer has the ability to see and select in the Customer Portal go to the Customer Portal tab in the Client Record.
To enable the Fieldworkers for the Customer Portal check the Check Box next to the Fieldworker’s Name.
Once you have made your selections click the Save button.
If you would like to learn more about how to set up and navigate the customer portal please click here.
Recording Client Calls
To add a call go to the Call History tab in the Client Record.
To add a new call click the Add Call button.
This will bring you to the Add Call Page.
WORK will automatically record the Date & Time.
Next you can select a Contact from the drop down.
After that you need to type a Subject into the Field. This is the only required field on this page.
You can enter Details about the call.
Next you can select a Status to indicate if the call is Open or Closed.
You can assign an admin and a Fieldworker with the Assigned to Administrator and Assigned to Field Worker. *Keep in mind that you will have to inform the people you have assigned the call to, since there are no notifications in the system for this.
Once you have finished filling in the Call click the orange Save button in the lower right to save it.
Once you have saved the Call you will be brought back to the Call History Tab and the call will now appear at the top of the list of calls.
If you would like to delete a call check it off from the list and click the Delete button at the top of the page.
Accounts Tab in Client Record
To manage invoices and accounting information for your clients go to the Accounts tab of their client record.
At the top right of the page you will find two totals. These totals represent the total number of jobs and the total value of all jobs for the client across all sites, if applicable.
- Total Value of Jobs will show you the total amount of money that has been added to the invoices of any jobs created for this client.
- Total Number of Jobs will show you the amount of jobs that you have created for this client.
On the list of Jobs you will notice some have Check Boxes next to the Job Code and others will have dashes. The ones that have dashes are jobs that you have not invoiced. Once you invoice the job this dash will change to a check box. These check boxes allow you to select jobs you would like to Print or Send the invoice for.
Above your list of jobs there are 5 buttons.
- Print Invoice will bring up the Print Job Invoice screen for all the jobs you have selected via the check mark and you can right click to print.
- Send Invoice will email the invoice of the jobs you have selected via check mark to the client.
- Preview Statement will bring up the statement of the client.
- Download PDF will download a PDF of the client’s statement.
- Send Statement will email the statement to the client.
If you click on the Job Code it will open the job Details and you can edit them as needed much like on the Job History tab.
If you would like to only see the jobs that were done at a specific site you can select a site from the Select Site drop down and clicking the blue search button next to the dropdown.