The QuickBooks Online integration allows Fleetmatics WORK to update 3 types of data in QuickBooks:
- Clients: 2-way sync between WORK and QuickBooks
- Invoices: 1-way push from WORK to QuickBooks
- Payments: 1-way push from WORK to QuickBooks
When syncing data between QuickBooks Online and Fleetmatics WORK, the following mapping rules ensure that the correct information is updated in the correct location:
Client Data Mappings
 The Client Default tax will be set based on the QuickBooks Default Sales Tax settings when syncing from FM WORK to QuickBooks.
 When syncing from QuickBooks to FM WORK Company Name will map to Client Name if present otherwise Display Name will be mapped to Client Name.
 When syncing FM WORK to QuickBooks: Street 1 maps to the Billing Address row 1 and Street 2 maps to Billing address row 2. When syncing QuickBooks to FM WORK: Billing Address row 1 maps to Street 1 and any additional Billing address rows are merged and mapped to Street 2.
 The FM WORK Client Code will only be appended to the Client Name when syncing from FM WORK to QuickBooks.
 When syncing from QuickBooks to WORK if the QuickBooks record does not have a value for Company Name, then Display Name will be mapped to Client Name. If Display Name is in format (Client Name + Client Code), the Client Code value is not mapped to Client Name.
 This is an internal mapping only and is not visible from the UI. Indicates that the Client has been matched to an external record. Value will always be ‘QuickBooks’ for the QuickBooks integration.
 This is an internal mapping only and is not visible from the UI. Indicates that two records have been matched and will continue to match based on External Id matching rules.
WORK Client Record to QuickBooks Mappings
QuickBooks Online Client Record
Default State and Country
When syncing Client records from QuickBooks to WORK if the Customer record in QuickBooks does not have any value for Country OR an invalid Country name, the Country value will default from the Company Details setup in WORK.
- The country value is taken from the Country field setup under: Company Details -> Settings tab -> Default Client Country
- When syncing Client records from QuickBooks to WORK if the Client record in QuickBooks does not have any value for State OR an invalid State name OR does not have a valid US state code then a check is made on the "Use Default State: <State> when syncing Client records to WORK" flag in the Integration settings:
- When this flag is set to TRUE the State value will default from the Company Details setup in WORK.
- The state value is taken from the State field setup under: Settings -> Company Settings -> Company Details -> Settings tab-> “Default Client State”
- When this flag is set to FALSE the record will fail.
Invoice Data Mappings
Invoices in FM WORK are pushed to QuickBooks Online as Sales Transactions to the associated Customer account.
- Invoices will be automatically synchronized from FM WORK to QuickBooks on creation.
- Subsequent updates to these invoices in FM WORK will be synchronized from FM WORK to QuickBooks and will overwrite changes made in QuickBooks.
- Only Invoices created or updated after the integration is enabled will be synched from FM WORK to QuickBooks.
 Client name maps to Billing address row 1; Street 1 maps to Billing address row 2; Street 2 maps to billing address row 3; City + State + Postcode maps to Billing address row 4; Country maps to Billing address row 5.
 The Terms field is set based on the QuickBooks Customer record settings.
 If an Item has a tax rate applied in FM WORK, it will be marked as taxable in QuickBooks. The tax rate used on the Invoice in QuickBooks will be taken from the QuickBooks “Customer Tax Info” tab in Customer details.
 Set based on Client default rate/Company settings in QuickBooks.
 Totals will be calculated in QuickBooks.
Invoiced Jobs in WORK are displayed in the Unpaid Invoices list prior to payment as shown in images in the following page:
FM WORK Uninvoiced Jobs List
To view the items that have been invoiced, select the Job Code in the Unpaid Invoices list and select the Invoices tab.
FM WORK Invoice Record
QuickBooks Online Invoice Record
Payment Data Mappings
Payment records created in Fleetmatics WORK will always create new records in QuickBooks Online.
- Any changes made to existing payment sin Fleetmatics WORK that have already been pushed to QuickBooks Online will not be updated
- These changes will be pushed as new payments in QuickBooks Online
- Only payments created after the sync is enabled will be pushed to QuickBooks Online
 The Invoice ID is the same as the Invoice Number and stored internally. QuickBooks will display it as part of the Payment description.
 If the Payment type on a WORK payment does not exist in QuickBooks, it will be created when the payment is pushed to QuickBooks.
FM WORK Payment Record
QuickBooks Online Payment Record