This article will provide you with the basic knowledge of how to navigate the Clients section and the actions you can perform there.
The Clients section holds all your clients records. If you would like to view a tutorial on the Clients section, you will find a link at the top of the page when you go to your Clients tab:
The Client List
The main page will display a list of clients you have created in Fleetmatics WORK. By default all columns are displayed:
- Client Name - this is a link to open the client record.
- Address: Street 1 and Street 2 associated with the Client billing address.
- Postcode (or ZIP)
- Mobile No.
- Custom Fields
- Hide columns - If you wish to hide some of the columns that are displayed, click on the Column Selection (gear-shaped) icon on the top right hand corner of the list and un-check the columns to hide. You can also add more columns by checking the box.
- Increase items per page - Each page will list 25 clients at a time. You can change the number listed using the "Show (x) items per page" option at the bottom of the list.
- Sort - Each column displayed can be sorted in ascending or descending order. Click on any column header to sort using that column. An arrow (up or down) will indicate is the list is sorted by that column.
- Re-order columns - If you wish to change the order of the columns, you can click and drag on the column header to re-position them on the list.
- Re-size columns - if you hover or point your cursor in the space between column headers, you will see the cursor change to a symbol with two arrows. Once you see this new cursor appear, drag to either side to increase or decrease the column width.
- Delete - You can delete a client as long as there are no quotes or jobs created for them. If a quote or job has been created for a client previously, a toolbox icon will indicate this on the list. In this case, when checking the tickbox, the Delete button will not be enabled and will remain grayed out.
- Create a Job - this button allows you create a new job from the Client list. The client's basic information will be automatically populated for you in the next step. Learn more about job creation.
- Create a Quote - this button allows you to start a new quote for the client selected. Again the client information will be automatically populated in the next step.
- Create a Client - there are 3 ways to create Clients:
- Using QuickBooks Sync. Learn more.
- Via Excel upload, using the Import Clients button.
- Manually, using the Create a Client button.