1. What is the new WORK?
The new WORK brings users an improved, streamlined experience when creating and editing Clients, Jobs and Quotes. It's a brand new design with lots of small improvements aimed to help make WORK easier to use and get things done.
2. What has changed in the new WORK?
You’ll notice a fresh new look, new flexible search tools and filters, new organization of information and easier steps when creating and editing Clients, Jobs and Quotes. Watch these videos to find out more.
3. Will my existing Clients, Jobs, etc. be available in the new WORK?
Yes. All the information you store in WORK today will be accessible from both the current and new versions of WORK. In fact, all users will have the ability to easily switch between the two versions as needed.
Later, there will be an option to stay in the new version permanently. All users will eventually need to select this option - but our primary goal is for you to be comfortable first.
Invitations and Acceptance
1. How can I get started on using the new WORK?
Starting in July, we'll be slowly inviting existing customers to try the new WORK. Invitations are sent at random each week. It may take as long as a few months for all customers to be invited, so please be patient. New customers are likely to start on the current version before receiving their invitation.
2. Why haven’t I been invited?
WORK Customers are being invited to try the new WORK at random throughout July and the months following. The process of inviting customers slowly over time ensures all users have quick and easy access to shared resources, like our Customer Care Team, should they need it.
3. Where will I see my invite?
As soon as your company is invited, you will get an email and an in-product message letting you know the new WORK is available for you.
4. Can I request an earlier invitation?
Invitations will happen automatically, and cannot be requested.
5. I'm a new WORK customer. Can I start with the new version of WORK?
New WORK customers will start on the current version of WORK while we prepare the final touches for new customers. All new customers will automatically be added to the invite list and receive an invitation once it's ready.
6. I've been invited to the new version. Can I go back to the current version WORK?
Yes. Invited users have the ability to switch between the new and current versions of WORK. All your business information will still be accessible from both versions.
Later, we'll give you the option to permanently stay with the new version. Eventually, all users will need to select this option.
7. Will all users (admins) in my company be invited at the same time?
Yes. All administrative users in each WORK account will be invited at the same time.
8. Will all users in my company need to upgrade at once?
No. When given the option to Upgrade, each administrative user will make that decision for him or herself.
9. Can my company get retrained on the new WORK?
Companies looking for help or training on the new WORK will be able to attend live, group training sessions led by members of the WORK Implementation Team in the future. Stay tuned to your email for an invite.
Permanently switching to the new version
1. Will I be switched to the new version of WORK on October 31st?
Customers will not be permanently switched to the new version of WORK on October 31st. Our goal has been, and will continue to be, to provide active users of WORK more than a month to experience the new version. Some users just recently received their invitations.
There are a small number of customers (those invited in July and early-August who have had access to the new version for more than 3 months) that may be permanently switched in early-November before other customers. If you’re one of them, you will receive plenty of advance notice via email before this occurs.
2. When will I be switched permanently to the new version?
The Product Team is actively monitoring usage and feedback on the new WORK, and will recommend switchover dates for specific groups when it appears those groups are ready:
- A small number of customers invited back in July and early-August are likely to be permanently switched sometime in early November. These customers have had the new version for more than 3 months.
- Customers invited recently in September or October will continue to have dual-access to both the old and new version of WORK through October and most of November. Some customers may have access to both versions beyond November, into December.
- ALL customers will have more than a month using both versions before being switched permanently to the new version. In the majority of cases, the time period has been far greater than a month.
3. How will I know I’ve been permanently switched?
Customers will receive a series of emails letting them know they will be permanently switched to the new version on a future date. Once permanently switched, users will be redirected to work2.fleetmatics.com, where the new version of WORK can be accessed.
4. I’m not ready to be switched. What can I do?
- Join a webinar: The WORK Product Team continues to give small-group demos and is answering Live Q&A during our regular webinars. Sign-up for a webinar now.
- See what’s new: we’ve improved dozens of areas since sending invitations in July. Please visit our What’s New section on the Help Center to learn more about recent improvements we’ve made based on your feedback.
- Report an issue: though most bugs have been squashed, we’re always looking for a good problem to solve. If an issue is holding you up, let our Customer Care Team know if something doesn’t seem to be working right.
5. I need more time. Can I be last?
Given the popularity of WORK and the large number of customers using WORK today, it is not possible to have custom dates for switching individual customers. Please let us know what parts of the new WORK you’d like to discuss with us, so we can help you be more successful or pass along your feedback to our Product Team.
Understanding the new WORK
1. Why the improvements?
Over the past year, we've been working closely with WORK customers to understand their businesses, workflows and ideas for improving WORK. When we started testing new concepts with dozens of real WORK customers earlier this year, the results were unanimously positive.
We've been working hard ever since to finalize our plans and bring these to customers as soon as possible.
2. How do I get started?
Here's how we recommend you get started using the new WORK:
- First, visit our What's New articles to see all the resources available to you.
- Then, head over to our videos page to learn about the new Jobs, Clients and Quotes and what's new.
- Don't forget to read your email. We'll be sending along tips & tricks just for you.
3. What changes were made to the mobile fieldworker app?
The new WORK delivers changes for the admin experience (web app) only. We'll continue to deliver regular improvements to the WORK Fieldworker app. Plus, we've got our eye on some bigger improvements for WORK's mobile future. Stay tuned.
4. What can we expect in the future?
We've heard your suggestions and the feedback you've communicated to our Customer Care Team, and we couldn't be more excited for what's to come.
While future plans are still in process, know that Fleetmatics WORK will continue to be the best field service solution for small businesses to help you organize schedules, manage and track job progress and improve dispatching.
1. Creating a new job has changed. How do I do it in the new version?
A new job can be created from Clients, Jobs or the Scheduler. Whichever section of WORK you start from, the first step in creating your new job is to Select a Client.
When selecting a client, first enter at least three letters to search matching records from your list of Clients, Sites and Contacts. Once you have selected the correct Client, you will be able to fill in all the necessary job details in a full sized window.
If you selected a Site or a Contact in the beginning, the job will be created for the Client that the Site or Contact belongs to.
The limit for recurring jobs is now set to 3 years from the Start Date. This will result in a number of jobs depending on the frequency - Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. Putting a limit to the number of recurrences improves the system performance significantly, making the page load quicker and the system process information faster.
3. How do I stop a recurring job?
To cancel all recurring jobs that you created, you can go back to the job scheduling section and change the end date to the current date (Today). This will stop all un-dispatched jobs from being sent out to the Fieldworkers, and will remove them from your job list.
4. Can I change the web browser tab label to show the section I am working on (ex. Clients) instead of “App-Work”?
There is no way to manually change the web browser labels at this time. We have received this feedback from customers, and this is something we are currently reviewing
1. Can my Fieldworkers be alerted if I assign a new Quote to them?
We have not made any changes to how the quotes are created or sent to the Fieldworker’s mobile app. New quotes will appear in the Quotes section of the mobile app, but only jobs will alert to Fieldworkers.
1. Can I change the tab names in the Client Section?
Since the tabs in the Client section have been replaced with sections, the re-naming option will no longer be available.
What do I do if I encounter an issue with the new version of WORK?
It’s always a good idea to check for the most recent improvements we have done by visiting our most recent updates. Keep in mind we are constantly working on processing all the feedback and issues we receive from you.
Once a resolution has been applied to your issue, it also helps to clear your web browser’s cache to apply the fix. You will need to exit your web browser and re-start the Fleetmatics WORK system to see if the issue is fixed.
If you are still experiencing issues, contact our WORK Support team at email@example.com or call the following numbers:
New Zealand: 508.761.181
United States/Canada: 877.376.6622
United Kingdom: 0800.169.0917
How do I clear my web browser’s cache?
Some system performance issues can be resolved by clearing your web browser cache. To clear the cache on Google Chrome, go to Menu> More Tools> Clear browsing data… and check “Cached images and files”, and click on the “Clear browsing data” button.