Can I use Work Mobile App and Work Classic simultaneously?
We do not recommend using both apps simultaneously, but we will not restrict users from doing so.
How do I prevent excessive data use on Work Mobile?
Users can adjust the Sync Settings to reduce the use of data from the Settings menu on the app. The sync setting applies to the download of ‘Photos’ and ‘Documents’. When disabled, photos and documents will download automatically on all connection types. The Sync Setting is disabled by default.
When enabled, photos and documents will download automatically only when the device is using a WIFI connection. A download icon will display next to a document or photo that is not currently downloaded. The user can tap the icon to trigger a manual download over any connection.
Can I view history on a job when I’m in Offline Mode?
If you are offline you will not be able to access either of Past Work (Job/Task history for the current Client) or Completed Work (Job/ Task history for the current fieldworker)
What information can I do when I am Offline?
While offline, users will be able to view all information on both Overdue and Today’s Jobs, except for the Past Work mentioned above. They will also be able to edit all the following information while offline:
- Clock In/Out
- Record status changes and Travel/ Job times
- View/Edit Custom Fields
- View Equipment
- View Documents
- Add/ edit Photos
- Add Signatures
- Add/ Edit completion Notes
- Add/ Edit Parts and Services
- Create/Send Invoices
- Record Payments
Can I view new jobs while Offline?
You can navigate between any of your Overdue or Today’s Jobs while offline. If a new Job is dispatched to the user while offline though they will not see it until they are back online again, and the app is able to sync.
Is there an attachment size limit for the invoice email and how is this handled?
There is no restriction applied on attachment size from the app itself or from our mobile API, however, SendGrid - a 3rd party provider which handles our outbound emails for both Admin, Work Classic app, and Work Mobile App, applies an overall email size restriction of 20mb.
On Work Classic, it is not recommended to send attachments greater than 10mb as we’ve found from experience it cannot handle more than this and will typically timeout even if it has a good connection. Users will not experience a timeout on Work Mobile and up to 20mb can be attached.
Can I use different devices?
Work Mobile is designed to work the same on both smartphones and tablets. The only exception relates to the Call and SMS functions which is dependent on having a data plan and call capability on the device.
- iPad – On selecting the Call or SMS buttons the phone numbers are displayed but are information only.
- Android Tablet – Behavior depends on the Android version, manufacturer, and installed 3rd party Apps.
Selecting Call or SMS will attempt to open any compatible third-party app. For example, Samsung devices may open contacts, or some devices may open Skype if it is installed. If there is no native Android support or no compatible 3rd party apps the Call or SMS buttons will display the phone numbers as information only.
How is data kept up to date between Admin and the Work Mobile App?
- A sync is triggered to download Job and Task data for Today and Overdue Work lists when:
- The user logs into the app.
- The user navigates to the main dashboard.
- The user opens or ‘resumes’ the app.
- The user manually ‘pulls to refresh’ on the Overdue or Today lists.
- A sync is triggered to download Job and Task data for Tomorrow and Next 2 Weeks Work lists when:
- The user navigates to Tomorrow or Next 2 Weeks.
- The user manually ‘pulls to refresh’ on the Tomorrow or Next 2 Weeks lists.
- A sync is triggered to refresh data for individual Job or Task records when:
- The user opens a Job or Task record.
- The user manually taps the refresh button.
- All updates for any record are synced automatically to Work Admin.
- If the device is offline all updates will be queued and will sync automatically when the device regains connection.